Dileep Jhaveri Poems
- Conversation With Trees Trees converse with each other One...
- From The Verses On Poetry I am amused: Nobody has even the...
- VERSES ON POETRY 1 At times it happens That pen ...
- THE ASHOKA GROVE We fixed the wall when Seema was born. ...
- STONE PLAY There's heaps of stones, Ram, now come out and ...
- HESTIA DOMESTICA Look, I'm an old-fashioned sort. I say the ...
- For those annihilated in riots For those annihilated in ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Dileep Jhaveri
For those annihilated in riots
For those annihilated in riots, enduring and upright,
to whom history has granted no justice whatsoever
Long before I started scribbling letters
you were already ink.
You were the forest
which had proliferated
around the trifling shoot that was I,
blending earth, sunlight, water for me.
You were the language
around my first utterance.
You were smoke, steam, lava
sulphur, phlegm that was coughed out,
carbon chunks, chlorophyll,
bubbling blobs of fat,
a slithering mesh of fibres
to forge fragile protection for life.