Don Stratford Poems
- Love Me Or Leave Me How can you say you love me? How can ...
- Poets Never Sleep There seems a never ending line Of verse ...
- Be A Man To be man you don’t cry You must stand up and be ...
- The Shed A mans’ gotta have a shed y’know A place he calls ...
- Bush Mechanic Ingenuity The cursin’ and the swearin’ could be...
- Flower Of Life The rose is a flower to delight and ...
- Dare To Be True The way ahead may not be clear The way ahead...
I am an ordinary bloke who has always especially liked Australiana, Australian bush poetry and yarns and the humour it provides. I decided to try my hand at it and am enjoying the experience immensly. Since finding poemhunter I am begining to appreciate many other forms of the written verse by so many clever people.
I will continue to do both. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Love Me Or Leave Me
How can you say you love me?
How can you say you care?
When you never, never show me
That you are prepared to share
How can you talk of sorry?
How can you talk of pain?
It’s time you looked at what you do
There’s much for you to gain
What is it you expect of life?
Is it just your selfish ways
Or do you think that you know all
And wish to keep me in a haze
It’s time for things to alter
You need to change your hard, fast life
If we’re to have a future
You need to listen to your wife
Don Stratford © 1/10/2005