Dorothy Sinha Poems
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sing...
- Laugh Riot The last time they smiled, Its been a ...
- Tomato Omlette I hobbled onto a chair with raised legs All...
- Unfair Red socks and red shoes, loafing in a fair Enjoying ...
- The Night Watchman 'Wifey', cried the owl Serene is thy ...
- The Bakula There is a Bakula tree, right before my ...
- After Thought I rested against the trunk of the old oak the ...
Dorothy is a software engineer and a writer at heart. She pens funny poems and short stories and has a penchant for good rhymes. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings- A Tribute To Maya Angelou
I live in a house;
- A picture of content
My restless soul
The pages of my dreams;
For a wayward trout
Over precarious ledges
And a dancing stream;
Spends sleepless nights on dried grass
A canopy of stars
A gentle breeze, rustling leaves;
Is music to my ears
Do you not miss the warmth of a home?
Your comfort zone?
at heart; how do I live days in oblivion?
I pen my thoughts
To untie the knots
Is this why the caged bird sings