Drax ... Poems
- The Retired Dragon The retired dragon looked longingly at his...
- The Moan Of The Pine the almost silent moan of the ...
- The Print Dress a print dress in a cottage window nice ...
- An Empty Puppet I hold the supple skin of your middle, ...
- An Old Bottle Of Imagination I found an old bottle of ...
I was born in Co Tyrone, Ireland in the middle of the last century.
E. M. Forster said a writer should live for thirty years first. I have focused on the writing and not the publication.
I wrote my first poem over 40 years ago and followed that with ongoing creative and journal entries. Lack of focus and preoccupation with everyday life saw this early work lost and the practice of writing only picked up quite by accident in 1994 when writing a panel for a promotional brochure. Now I constantly note, I sketch fragments and write (and read) almost daily. I develop ideas/drafts, experiment with form and study poetry and linguistic guides. My inspiration is often drawn ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Drax ...
An Empty Puppet
I hold the supple skin of your middle,
as you dance your firedance,
I lose myself in your circle
and we become as one.
The weaving of my bones to the night,
I wait on the whim of your star
standing in my lone heart shoes.
The colours of your aura
imprinted on my mind.
I dance the steps of the possessed
and I fall down
An empty puppet
loves lost strings tangled and torn