Edward Coletti Poems
- Jack Kerouac: He Who Refers To...
- Both Categories Both Categories Some people think John ...
- Befriending Death Befriending Death As with death ...
- There Will Be Blood (Movie Tit...
- Breeding For Truth Breeding For Truth When as in a science...
- The Notion Of Wings It’s the notion of wings, that’s what it...
- A Treatise On 'What' Why write What nobody reads? Why does ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Edward Coletti
Jack Kerouac: He Who Refers To Charlie Parker
We are in presence of a cataract
the care o’ act–one,
two, or three, he who spills
his heart out before his brain can
engage any particular direction,
he who refers to Charlie Parker’s
sax as something weirdly Irish,
his pa-tootle-stick when he
blop blop the bop bop!
You Jack Kerouac, I submit, be
the modern madster of on ah ma-tah-
tah-tah-pee a bit before you see, ah
“the chess men” in Washington Square
“silent, ready for funny war, ” you Jack
Kerouac, of the cataract, also are
The master of the oxymoronic, ”
can war be “funny”? ...