Elizabeth Swados Poems
- Summer Tsss Summer sounds, Tsss Concrete and heat,
- Haunted Toilet 2 WE have a toilet that has remained broken ...
- A Breast Grows In My Head A breast grows in my head My brain...
- Focus The shaking, the sleep The shaking, the sleep the not...
- Strange Music Her music is strange because the pen is a ...
- Massacre At The Spa SIT on your hands until that mouth of ...
- Fortune Cookie Fortunes YOU will uproot and move and there ...
Elizabeth Swados (born February 5, 1951) is an American writer, composer, musician, and theatre director. While some of her subject matter is humorous, such as her satirical look at Ronald Reagan, Rap Master Ronnie, and Doonesbury - both collaborations with Garry Trudeau - much of her work deals with dark issues such as racism, murder, and mental illness.
Born February 5, 1951 in Buffalo, New... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Elizabeth Swados
Concrete and heat,
Sneakered feet on tar,
Stepping on a melted candy bar,
Gravel on the street,
The sun's an orange basketball,
And then the