Erhiawarien Justice Akpesiri
Erhiawarien Justice Akpesiri Poems
- Haida Gwai’i (The Isles Of Lo...
- I Want To Be Resurrected I am not dead yet For still I ...
- Pa-Ti-Zan De-Mok-Ra-Cee We have been called to ...
- Far Cry From An African Wild My eyes, O epicure of direst ...
- Rift O my confusion! With whom shall my intimacy be? With...
- Consider The Sparrows For you who twitch and turn in the ...
- The Blessing And The Maledicti... There are some, who are ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Erhiawarien Justice Akpesiri
Haida Gwai’i (The Isles Of Lost Appeal)
These are the large cedar poles
Bleached and buffed by the element to a silver-gray
Slowly decaying as they fall
In the largesse of her past
Now shrouded in the mists of a many time
Children of the eagle and raven
In dignity and friendliness
As they are dressed in the finest of sealskin robes
In the potlatches of the winter months
In songs and choruses
Swarming, o so magnificent canoes
And in these she’d raided and traded, unmatched.
These are no days for raid or trade
For these are days of feasting, a day of ...