Erick Thorin Poems
- I Wonder How Soon All The Wars...
- A Cold Day In December It was a cold day in December If I ...
- The Sky Is Blue In The Summer The sky is blue in the ...
- These Pages Are Filled These pages are filled With things ...
- Old Mickey Mcginn Old Mickey McGinn Was a man who could ...
- The Gray Haired Old Doc The gray haired old Doc Medicinal ...
- If I Were A Person Just 4 Feet... If I were a person just 4...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Erick Thorin
I Wonder How Soon All The Wars Would End
I wonder how soon all the wars would end
The promoters of them to the front could we send
And the blood of the rich to be spilled for thee
So the laboring classes can be free
To write their own destiny.
I wonder too how many would fight
For the freedom from want of the poor
The rich man's son stays in school
And the poor man's boy takes the lure.
The churches can't help for they compromise
God's on our side they say
While winking their eyes
And the ignorant kill for a cause no one knows.
It's been said man's meant to be free,
Now I ask you freedom ...