ferdous mahmud Poems
- Propose Of Love -new- Sunshine is so hot Earth like a hot ...
- Old Town -new- Buildings of old town look like a century-old ...
- Residential Area -new- Lucky ash, evil word Water of field is ...
- Birthday Cake
- Unlettered -new- He is unlettered; sometimes hear him read bangle...
- Boat And Guitar -new- At dawn on the boat, someone plays ...
- Air-Dress -new- I can't abstain playing of this ...
Ferdous Mahmud born in 1977, lives in Dhaka, Bangladesh. He is inspired writing from his father, name Mahmudullah, a famous Bengali child litterateur. His Mother's name: Rehana Mahmud. He is the elder son of his parent. His spouse name: Alvina Samad and child name: Rodosi ferdous.
Ferdous Mahmud prominent figure of the new Bengali poetic language movement, he established himself as ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Buildings of old town look like a century-old grandpa
Bones brimming with history
My grandpa walked like the old poet Tagore,body bent forward
Read Quran in the middle of the night
Amidst the clapping of lemon flowers
Red-indigo box-kites dived in the skies,
While his aged hands fetched Bakarkhani cakes
Now, grandpa's home has long been turned into uncle's home
And, uncle's home, by and by, is turning into cousin's
Fragrance of Hasnahena flowers flows
in the lanes, alleys of the old, aging town
and through the rooftops
The silvery moon is ...