Fini Lokke Poems
- Violin A painting of a violin should be a violin itself ...
- Literally Speaking If I would simply print an alphabet I ...
- Otherwise Neither day without the sun nor night without ...
- For The Sake Of Freedom Staying to find what's new to life ...
- Written In A Steady Light I may have tried to understand the ...
- North Atlantic What I will not forget is blows resounding ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A painting of a violin
should be a violin itself
for light to play it's gone.
Within yourself you paint a violin that's gone,
and wonder why a silent thing
awakens memories of other times
you never knew yourself.
Those times when violins were built
to meet demands for sweeter sounds
than life could offer at first sight,
hopes for the world to come.
A distant sound from within time,
imagined but to you as real
as the word you used to tell
what sounding board is for: it's soul.