Francis DiClemente Poems
- Clock On The Wall Time is entity unconcerned With our ...
- St. Peter's Cemetery I extend a hand to touch an angel ...
- Contrast Feathers replace leaves In the naked trees Looming...
- Post-Op Image 1984 Sprawled out on my mother's bed, I hear ...
- Stanwix Street A vanilla ice cream cone covered with ...
- Stadium Nights Friday nights in central New York, crumpling...
- Inaudible Expression A great sigh emitted, arising and then...
Francis DiClemente lives in Syracuse, New York, where he works as a video producer. In his spare time he writes and takes photographs. He is the author of three poetry chapbooks, In Pursuit of Infinity (Finishing Line Press 2013) , Vestiges (Alabaster Leaves Publishing 2012) and Outskirts of Intimacy (Flutter Press 2010) . more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Francis DiClemente
Clock On The Wall
Time is entity unconcerned
With our intentions or aspirations.
It marches on unimpeded,
Multiplying seconds to minutes
And making centuries.
It is unswayed by emotions
And unaffected by our wishes and ambitions.
It is heartless in its swiftness—
A thief and a robber,
And life's only true survivor.
It is unmerciful in its lack of discretion,
And unstoppable in its one-way direction.
It does not yield, it never ends and
It does not ask us our permission.
And yet, we still ask it for more.