Francois Hoon Poems
- A Thousand Lights From A Mount... Here I stand In darkness ...
- My Prayer Let not my faith depend on me For I am weak. Let ...
- A Little While Longer A little while longer we lie in this ...
- Orion’s Belt On an evening destined by Celestial design The ...
- Kinders Agter élke liewe draai Sit die kinders en ...
- Bright Eyes Bright eyes Burning like fire Bright eyes Your...
- The Wooden Maze I see a vision of the sounds very clear They...
Francois Hoon was born on the 18th of January 1982 in Pretoria, South Africa. He grew up in a middle-class suburban household and a reformed traditional Christian culture. Christianity had for a big part of his life been a good set of intellectual beliefs and morals to hold onto as a good way of life. A bunch of nice but not really very practically realistic stories in a Book that you read and then try to get a lesson from for your life.
In 1996 at the age of 14 he went to a youth Christian gathering and for the first time experienced the God of the Bible to be alive, and to be a Person with whom individual and personal interaction was possible. He gave his life and his heart to ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Francois Hoon
A Thousand Lights From A Mountain
Here I stand
In darkness of uncertainty
On the edge of a cliff in the middle of a night
A cool breeze is chilling my spine
As I look beyond on a golden shine
Behind me in the dark a forest broods
A darkness as such menacing my mood
It’s coldness and frightening solitude
Impressing on my mind
As if a force compelling me away
As I stand I feel the gravel ‘neath my feet
Crunching loosely as I shift my weight
An unstable base if I were to leap
As one or two pebbles slips,
And drops from the steep
I feel the pull
The darkness closely ...