Gavin Turner Poems
- A Poem Is A Train A poem is a train Rhythmic lyrics hug ...
- Lose The Syrup Every time you see me wince When your ...
- The Second Parakeet I had a beautiful parakeet when I was ...
- Road Rage Reverend The Reverend Hugh was a mild mannered ...
- My Town My town its a thick, insulated place,
- I'm In Love With My Stalker I’m in love with my stalker I ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Gavin Turner
A Poem Is A Train
A poem is a train
Rhythmic lyrics hug together like
the passengers are words, stuck to their seats
some deep in inspired conversation
And others uncomfortable, strangers in the same space
Stacked together in their seats, neat.
Commas hang loosely in the aisles
As the poet, inspects, and strolls down the stanzas
stamping the lyrical travellers in to order
The train heaves to a trundling shuffling legato
Its carriages are cadences
linked by buffered themes
Stopping starting sticking to the ...