Geetima Baruah Sarma
Geetima Baruah Sarma Poems
- Rongali Bihu Spring has arrived And 'Bohag' beckons, ...
- Save Water Oh! Precious drops, A view crystal clear, Life...
- Self-Defence Dreams began to wane as she faced distress and...
- Bhogali Bihu Season’s yield, Granaries filled, ...
- A Ballad On Self-Realization A tale, Of two pals, Ego ...
- Kopili Immortalized 'Kopili Kopili rangdhali ...
- I Feel (Dedicated to the youth) When I was young, My ...
Geetima Baruah Sarma is currently based in Guwahati, Assam, India. She studied English Literature and worked as Teacher-in-charge in a School. She has also attained 'Visharad' in Sitar and has performed in many cultural programmes. Her poems and articles have appeared in several newspapers, e-journals, e-magazines, websites and souvenirs.
www.geetimabaruahsarma.wordpress.com more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Geetima Baruah Sarma
Spring has arrived
And 'Bohag' beckons,
Parents await their
The cuckoo sings
And 'kopou' blooms,
To the 'Bihu' tunes.
Tinge of 'jetuka'
On the delicate hands,
To pay reverence.
'Chira', 'pitha', 'laru',
Pride of the ladies.
'Dhol', 'pepa', 'gogona',
Rendition by 'Husori',
Merriment fills the aura,
Ah! Spirit of 'Rongali'!
[Published in the e-magazine 'Bordoichila' on 15 April 2011]