Gene van Troyer
Gene van Troyer Poems
- (you Are Here) Post-Material ... If you're reading ...
- The Arrangement The arrangement’s born growing in the heart
- Falling Astronauts Shall we fall forever in this dark space?...
- From 'Dancing On The Great Voi...
- Sand author of sand oh sandman
- Sea Change In shipness absolute, the old whaler ashore and ...
- Three Views Of The Cosmic Ball... ENVOY This dance must be ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
(you Are Here) Post-Material Lotophagi
If you're reading this, it probably applies, a simple message
blinking on a map page: You Are Here. It doesn't matter where.
You realize you're just a digit kept alive in some accounting
scheme. The quantum zing that's singing in your nerves
is just a data stream that's being cooked in actuarial books
on the top floors. You were tested for it as a youngster,
and tested through the years that flow into the numbered sea
of now. You're right. You hear them all singing that song.
Count up! Count up! Hey Mister Tally Man tally us our numbers,
downtime comes ...