Gerald Kithinji Poems
- Children Of The Valleys And as the hills yonder Turned red ...
- Slavery In Mauritania Mauritania O Mauritania I work for the...
- The Candidates They promised us All manner of pleasant ...
- Much More Than Gold Though the end be far From the ...
- A Feather In Flight As the bird flew in the swirling wind Up...
- Moving Train And I remembered that train ride as we passed ...
- Fear You know, mon amie She can be vicious In her gentle ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Gerald Kithinji
Children Of The Valleys
And as the hills yonder
Turned red from sunset rays
As darkness engulfed the valley
And the sweet sounds of birds
Rent the cool evening air
Our cows and sheep and goats
Hurried down the footpath
As though they were late
To a gathering of clans
Or to one of their own
And we the happy herds boys
Turned our ravenous thoughts
To bananas yams and milk
And all available munch-able stuff
To calm our restless tummies
And as the evening metamorphosed into night
And the stars of the sky reclaimed their might
We the famished children of the...