Goodness Tchibueze Poems
- The Drum What gives breath to this hide, Reeling off ...
- Water Cycle The sun unsettles the water, Taking her hot ...
- Two Hearts Beat As One Absence and distance might have kept ...
- New-Year-Tide Patchily graded the clean cloud seemed, ...
- Mutiat Mutiat, the name with the diamond's age, The way to ...
- I Compare You I compare you to the diamond eye of the ...
- On The Housefly And Mosquito The murmuring of the earth is ...
Goodness Mgbemere graduated from Jet Age Private Secondary School, Umuobiakwa, Obingwa L.G.A, Abia State, Nigeria... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Goodness Tchibueze
What gives breath to this hide,
Reeling off cadences woven in beauty?
Beauty that tickles dancing-tide,
Dancing-tide that sprays a fragrance dusty
Upon the uncrippling feet of time,
As the offsprings of Spring twist and bend
And sway in motions sublime,
Evoking ecstasy free of end.
Oft the elements swing or swap moods:
A few time gay, and all time blunt;
Weary pilgrims recourse in boxed-woods,
When nature dims, bare of wondrous stunt:
At your wake let all glooms flee,
As you breathe a reviving glee!