Graham Stone Poems
- A Dirty Toy I see it, the dead dirty doll There between the ...
- A Silent Scream Screeched Acro...
- I Fell In Love With A Summer's... I fell in love with ...
- Grinning Wound Smooth skin, So pale it seems to gleam As ...
- Folds And Circles (more an idea i'm slowly begining to ...
- Pepsi Late one eve whilst conversation runs loose of a ...
- The Regret Of Regretting only now does the sun come, Only ...
'poetry is emotion recollected in tranquility'
~William Wordsworth, Preface to 'The Lyrical Ballads' more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Dirty Toy
I see it, the dead dirty doll
There between the sleepers of tracks,
And the creepers of weeds
I see it with its weathered cracks,
A deadening perhaps, of some child’s luckless dream.
I see it, stained with filth and rain
Some rag of fabric clung about its chest
With knees grazed by the passing train
Faded plastic, warped and stressed.
Some child I think loved it once
And must have cursed the day she let it go
But more I think in natural cruelty she threw it
To watch with curious guilt it crushed by the train below.
I think that dirty doll, ...