Haley Akin Poems
- The Wall I'm afraid to break the wall And live inside of ...
- Enabler My mind... it is tired This body is too weak I am ...
- If Only I Could Cry When little they flowed over freely And ...
- A Word For An Emotion A word is burning In my chest I know ...
- A Friend I wish I had a friend to tell me funny ...
- An Angel At Her Side I wish that there Had been that ...
- An Angry Fire It begins small like a burning ember, what ...
My name is Haley Akin. I am a mother of 2, Pryor my oldest went to heaven at the age of 15 months, and Chloe is his little sister. I write poetry because it allows me to express how I am feeling, and it helps me deal with my grief. My husband tells me my poems are good, but I'm sure he is a little biased. I hope you all enjoy my poems as much as I enjoy writing them.
I have a facebook ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Haley Akin
I'm afraid to break the wall
And live inside of me
I had forced myself outside
I don't know what I would see
I locked it all away
As the reality set in
Not sure if I could manage
If I did step in my skin
I release the tension when it's taunt
To keep it from a break
For the quantity I've suffered
I doubt one's mind could take
I seek out others hurting
Bleeding empathy for them
It is how I ease the pressure
Of all these feelings from within
The tension changes everyday
I watch it wax and wane
One day I hope this wall will ...