Hector Macneill Poems
- On Admiral Lord Nelson's Sendi...
- Jeanie's Black Ee; Or Tha' Mi ...
- Donald And Flora. A Ballad, On...
- To C. L. Esq. With A Present O...
- My Luve's In Germany My luve 's in Germanie, send him hame, ...
- Grandeur : An Ode How varied lies the chequer'd ...
- Scotland's Scaith, Or, The His...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Hector Macneill
On Admiral Lord Nelson's Sending In The Hour Of Victory, A Flag Of Truce To Stop The Further Effusi
Again the tide of rapture swells;
Britannia sees new trophies rise;
Again the trump of vict'ry tells
That with the brave compassion lies!
In vain the carnage of the field!
In vain the conquest of the main!
The brave may bleed - the brave may yield,
'Tis Mercy binds the brave again!
True to the dictates of the heart
That melts to pity's godlike glow,
Humanity arrests the dart,
Half wing'd, to lay the vanquish'd low;
Swift through the battle's thund'ring storm;
See! deck'd in smiles she takes her stand;
Assumes her Nelson's fav'rite ...