Holden Solo Poems
- Gay Is The New Black Gay is the new black. and I can only ...
- Girl From Alaska With A Bullet...
- Photo Of A Windblown Girl The weeping willows gently fall ...
- Dams On The Cuyahoga Just west of the Lake, meanders the...
- Big Black Bird On The Side Of ... Big black bird on the ...
- The Cabrillo Highway We'll drive up the winding, two lane ...
- There's Gold There's gold in the hills of California.
Holden Solo learned how to write poems from an old blind man he met while incarcerated in a Madagascan prison for a crime he did not commit. After serving three years, Solo was paroled. He then traveled to a Shaolin monastery high in the mountains of Myanmar where he learned the mastery of 'Jiyuritsu Haiku' from Brother Lars, the Head Abbot there.
Two years later, Brother Lars and most... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Holden Solo
Gay Is The New Black
Gay is the new black.
and I can only picture
walking their dogs
in a large urban park
around their necks
to keep warm.
And I sit
as young women with
the latest gay bag
in their gay footwear
over the piles
of dull homeless
dressed all in straight.