Hugh Fraser Poems
- Your Life Is A Dream Your life is a dream, a miraculous ...
- Kingillie Was A Miniature Empi... Kingillie was a miniature ...
- I Always Smile Nicely I always smile nicely and play by the ...
- She Laughs At Me She laughs at me, devoid of pity, Turns ...
- Harrow On the walls were columns of names engraved with ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Hugh Fraser
Your Life Is A Dream
Your life is a dream, a miraculous scene
of Porsches and portable phones.
Your face is unblemished,
a lightly-tanned structure
of beautifully angular bones.
You're using your brain for material gain;
your charm and good looks serve you well.
But are your friends friends
or fair-weather friends?
And how could you possibly tell?
There by your side is your near-perfect bride
who laughs when your jokes are not funny.
I know she'd much rather
curl up beside me;
I suppose she's just after your money.
And thus, to the end, to myself I ...