Ian Kellett Poems
- To You For Her. Shall we all fall down and surrender, As if...
- My Dear Overseer. I’ve made a career Out of hypochondria, ...
- Shootingstar We wished upon a fallen star, Amidst the ...
- Environmentalhealth Out of the mouths Of fountains Came ...
- Haunt I live in a place of old history; Seeded and ...
- Introduction I found a fragile manuscript one day Whilst ...
- Midwinter 2007. The chatter about, The whispers of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
To You For Her.
Shall we all fall down and surrender,
As if we’ve been hurt?
Or rendered inert?
And gather round and visualise
Our final resting place?
And recognise the day?
Speak of former distant lovers,
As though they meant less
Than any other test.
Justify our final actions
As somehow quite bold,
Until the facts unfold.
People the time we have acquired
With nothing but us,
And our desire for love.
Discover the space is charged
With little of use,
And largely reduced.
Weep and cry and demonstrate,