J.L. Nash Poems
- Being Two Featherhead Don’t call me that
- Rowing Across The Channel I’m rowing across the ...
- Can You Feel It The absence of loneliness Just when you are ...
- Two Pelicans The bark on the gum tree hangs in strips like a ...
- Empty In a not dissimilar fashion to the way you pour your ...
- Hide And Seek If I hide my eyes with my hands Like I am 5 or...
- Canvas His attention to detail On the canvas that sits
J.L. Nash had a transient childhod, moving between England and Africa, and as an adult spent time living on an island in the Pacific Ocean. She is now based in Australia. She writes short stories, flash fiction and poetry which often reflects this sense of travel, displacement and a lack of roots. Sometimes published under her maiden name (nee Hunter-Yetton) . Her work has been found in different... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Don’t call me that
I’m making tea now for spiderman
He’s having a bar b q
And actionman so don’t bother me with that tidying thing
Now I’m spider man
Look at me rolling around
I’m rolling like spiderman
Yes I am
I’m rolling on the floor like spiderman
Where’s my gun
The gun’s on fire
I’ll have to fight the gun
I’m fighting a fire
I’m fighting the gun look
The water’s coming out
I’m fighting fires
Is that Lazy Town on TV?
Look! It’s Lazy Town
I like Lazy Town
But it’s not time for dinner
I want to play now
Why is ...