Jack Mashman Poems
- In A Minor Key No one told me of the long nights or the ...
- The Pelican The Pelican meditates, motionless, His beak is ...
- The Mischief Of The Light I saw two children in the ...
- A Still Life I seem to stare through transoms Through half ...
- Moods Angels weep for me on certain days Women walk in twos ...
- The Game Come out of the sea remember to cover your ...
- Holders Of The Keys Of Power, Holders of the keys of power, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jack Mashman
Holders Of The Keys Of Power,
Holders of the keys of power,
You sit in your fat offices
Sprinkle a mixture of God institutionalized
With the syrup of easy answers,
Barricade yourself behind a wall of platitudes
Intone the totem of the family.
Calcium propionate is your nostrum
Of plastic immortality
The Lord is a two dimensional portrait
In a five and dime store.
We, who are the followers
We, who must follow
Who live together in a room
Breath clouded by the frost
From thousands of heatless hours
Witness to our parents dissolution,
We, who are imprisoned in a ...