Jack Oates Poems
- Horizon I see the sea the sea is me and up above the sea the ...
- The Little Leaf I had a dream, a simple dream, ‘bout little...
- Whittington Tump Plough on; over acre, under edge, ...
- Girl, Receding Can I see you now? Can I? Here, and then...
- The Unexpected Thawing Of Blue... These memories we ...
- Jack In The Box If I could see this through. If I could flee...
- The Night She Slept The queen is dead, they said; the hive ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I see the sea the sea is me and up above the sea the sky -
the sky is I -
and in between the line unseen.
The sailor’s stitch, the traveller’s twitch,
the fisher’s dish,
the broken hearted gazer’s melancholy wish.
We three: the me the sea the I the sky;
the endless brine,
the high azure, the green allure,
the maw and caw of teals and terns.
The line discerns
no others but the brothers in our holy trinity.
I dive. I die.
A tattered trine.
Just me, the sea; no sky. No I.
A tightened twine,
a hook, a fly.
A gift divine - I bite the ...