Jacqui Thewless Poems
- Strange Thoughts, Tonight. Last evening sharp-snipping ...
- Et Tu Love’s loss is endless. There will be no recovery of...
- Fireworks They were still sorting it ready we thought you ...
- Blessing For Your Heart On your far journey, ...
- For The Girl In The Shelter Brick by brick we are building a...
- Haiku (5) : For The Way The...
B.A.(hons.) Creative Writing graduate (Trinity College, Carmarthen, Wales) . All poems, in previous or present forms, are Copyright Jacqui Thewless. All rights reserved.
The author, whose surname before marriage was Hardman, lives in Pembrokeshire, West Wales. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Strange Thoughts, Tonight.
sharp-snipping scissors cut my hair
and white cream squeezed from a nozzled
tube in a box turned
and tonight I have strange thoughts
stirred in a bronze dish with
the stub of my pen
when I wore
a patterned silk kimono
and moved inside the slight
ghost of my long-haired youth
after the lover’s cigarette
then you were green too weighty in-
between my tender thighs