Janet Budd Poems
- Demeter Mourning DEMETER MOURNING The dust I breathe is ...
- Listen Sofia Come Sofia. Come listen to me. Come, snuggle ...
- Blonde I wonder to be blonde. What signifies That fair ...
- Sunday Diy I dash to get to B & Q By eleven That’s the ...
- Beltane Wedding LOVER, COME AND RISE BEFORE ME BATHE ME, ...
- Snowdrops In awe, a tiny lunar painted pearl Perseveres to ...
- The Measure THE MEASURE You meander through our midst in ...
Family, Faith (Wiccan) and Friends in that order, are my priorities. I write poetry and short stories.
Retired from work a couple of years' ago. Now studying for an MA in Script-writing. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Janet Budd
The dust I breathe is anger from earth’s shell
It fights and bites inside my heaving chest.
I kick up clouds of acrid stinging grief.
Of pain and ire, I am the authoress.
Into the wind I wail, In fury scream
‘you have abandoned me’, you have escaped my dream
You leave no pyre to burn, no grave to mourn.
My gown of youth is ragged, soiled by tears.
My skin, smooth, fresh and fair when you were born
Is lined. My hands, once soft, are gnarled and worn.
I soothed your cries, kissed joy into your eyes
Then treacherously you leave. ...