Jay Aguiniga Poems
- The Color Of Me The other night I read a poem from a ...
- Reach For The Stars I Watch the evening news, Murder and ...
- Salty Wounds I sit watching the white people enjoying their ...
- What Would I Do For You? I would walk a thousand ...
- When I Look....I See When I look at a bird in a tree......I ...
- Living The Dream It was just yesterday I used to dream about...
- The Warrior Spirit 'Mine ear is open, and my heart prepared: ...
I live in the North Eastern Utah Mountains called the Uintah Basin. I'm blessed to live here, a place where you can drive 15 minutes one way and smell the scent of pine trees and drive 15 minutes the other way and smell the scent of the desert cactus.
Most people get the misperception that if you live in Utah you have at least four wives, not true i have five. That always makes me chuckle.
Nothing special about me, I'm just an ordinary person who finds his way to release by putting thoughts to paper. If you took the time to read this short biography about me, I sincerely thank you for taking time out of your life that is extremely important to someone.
Well not much more to ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jay Aguiniga
The Color Of Me
The other night I read a poem from a poet
who spoke of colors of the soul.
Well that poem spoke so loudy
I realized right then... mine is the color of coal.
People see the love I write,
but what they don't see.. is how I feel.
I'm a man who is dying inside,
who has nothing but dreams and nothing to reveal.
The color so empty, and so hollow.
Sometimes so hard to breath,
but most of all its so hard to swallow.
In this life, all I ever wanted,
was just one more chance.
A chance to prove the little things,
do matter in lifes stance.
I've been ...