Jesse Weiner Poems
- Avoiding History avoiding history is a family tradition, ...
- She Often Spoke she often spoke of suicide, wordlessly. ...
- As Usual last night, the moon was full and the bridges were ...
- Vanishing Point in perspective, parallel lines appear to...
- Afterimage she never thought that I might know a woman's ...
- Why I Could Be A Mystic the book was lost, it was a good ...
- Finding Love In The All Night ... in the produce section ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jesse Weiner
avoiding history is a family tradition,
draft dodging, missing wars, as far
back as my fathers go, I find
no soldiers, no warriors and also
no lovers. we don't write
in my family, we withdraw
our stories on objection, stop
telling them. we keep secrets.
I keep my own secrets and rarely
tell them, keep my truth
from coming back to hurt me.
I learn slowly but I learn well,
to keep my secrets, avoid history.
I avoided history by protesting war
and by refusing to marry.
I learned late, but I learned well.
your eyes tell your history, your ...