Jim Harmon Poems
- Love The Essence Of Life.........
- The Ashes Of Christmas Past There were many times ...
- This River Thus it begins, this river, a dropp of life pure ...
- Meditation Deepening shadows, the twilight haze. Forest ...
- Rhapsody The audience is in place as the house lights ...
- Through The Sawmill Of Life Through the sawmill of life into ...
- Love Tides As the wind drives my boat into a heading sea She...
Born at the beginning of WW2 in the wheat belt of Oklahoma, Jim, the oldest of two children, was blessed with artistic talent that included music, art and literary abilities. His voice was considered angelic and was always the youngest member of the church choirs his family attended.
Jim started his music studies in the 5th grade with the sax and played all through college in various ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jim Harmon
The Ashes Of Christmas Past
There were many times before
When I had everything to put beneath the tree.
But the silken bows and tinsels glow
Were just pretty wrappings for things
That would be gone and forgotten
Like the reasons before the last snows of the season.
Many trees and bright packages came and went
Leaving only a mess of needles and paper to send up the chimney
Adding their dying glow to the coldness and the snow
In the bleak grayness of the early morning.
The coldness of separation lay on my heart
Like impenetrable drifts made even harder
by the chilling winds ...