joan reese Poems
- Bubbi Bubbi, grandmom of my friend Elayne, Was like a ...
- Intervening Rivers Prana flows through me like springtime, ...
- Scissor Dance Jukebox rocks, two dozen hardworking dusty ...
- Cock-A-Doodle-Doo Red rooster strut your stuff! Puff up ...
- Coyote Moon A full moon shone like a silver saucer. The ...
- Blue Baby Blue
- Room 803 My home away from home My seaside place, Twice ...
At the age of 24, the author moved from Philadelphia to New York City to attend The School of Visual Arts, majoring in art and writing. She performs her poems in public; she appeared on “Uniquely You” Manhattan Cable access. Her poems have appeared in several journals and publications. Joan Reese's blog-http: //joanreesearts.blogspot.com " New York City Artist, "
features her ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Bubbi, grandmom of my friend Elayne,
Was like a Bubbi to me;
She baked wonderful birthday cakes.
Four layers high, ivory icing,
Dainty red roses, coconut flakes,
A divine cake with a delicious almond taste.
Bubbi, fullfigured, stood five feet high,
Genuine smile adorned her sweet face,
Bubbi's kindness, sweeter than a lullaby.
My kissed fingertip touched the Mezuzah
Nailed to the frame of Elayne's door.
Who would let me in? Bubbi!
'Happy Birthday, 'she sang,
Soft arms wrapped around me.
Never had I been held so close! ...