Joanne Togati Poems
- Needle Of Civilization My mouth is pierced by the needle of ...
- Stolen Sleep THE THIEF OF MY EYES WIDE OPEN
- Minds Are Peculiar Peculiar minds the most peculiar ...
- Lifecycle Nature filled my breast when I was 12 and full of ...
- The Rape They cried to think of love for love was no more ...
- Skinned Those august rays From the round yellow dawn ...
- A Shadow Of Belief I half lower my eyes so you won't know ...
BA of English Literature Brooklyn College 2006
Awarded Academy of American Poets Award 2002.
I am an opera singer and intuitional healer in Miami, Florida. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Joanne Togati
Needle Of Civilization
My mouth is pierced by the needle of civilization
Forcing me to endure already more
Than one open wound
Stitched closed by the threads
Of unrelenting cultural mores
That weave the colors of
And frame the creator
My spirit is dispersed
Like salt through water
Or blood in milk
Severely contaminating the mind of she
Who knows no longer
The reigns of inspired youth
My body is conditioned
To endure the skyless night
Like a seed without top soil
Awaiting neither fruition