john beharry Poems
- Metamorphosis Of A Butterfly Laid as an egg on a leaf by your...
- Volcanic Fury Deep within the bowels of the earth a pressure...
- Song To Mother Earth Mother Earth spinning on your ...
- Rising From The Ashes The wear and tear of my past ...
- Peace Peace! The hush of night Fills the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about john beharry
Metamorphosis Of A Butterfly
Laid as an egg on a leaf by your mother
you patiently awaited Nature's magic spell
In a few days you became a caterpillar
and then chewed your way out of the shell
You feasted on the leaves as you grew each day
shedding your skin when it became too tight
Then attached yourself to a safe spot to stay
in a self-made cocoon to keep out of sight
Safe in the shelter of your silken enclosure
you matured to a fully developed pupa
within which the body of the caterpillar
was transformed into a glorious winged creature
You split the enclosure when the ...