john coldwell Poems
- You Are Not Another Common Man You are not another common ...
- The Well Of Memories Dare you, today, accompany me, To the ...
- A Funeral We passed by the silent sliding curtain, That ...
- Seasons Beneath the autumn sky's cold clouds of metal, Wind...
- The Countryside Don’t forgot the countryside, With your ...
- Not A Miracle... I saw my latest grandchild yesterday All ...
- Peace Let the children of your anxious mind, In other arms ...
Only recently started writing poetry. Previously only wrote verse to celebrate special occasions, but increasingly realise that people are more likely to listen/publish your views if they are in verse. Interested in a wide variety of literature and think it important that poetry should have good structure, rhyme and rhythm.
If you read my poems please comment on them and give a score, and if... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
You Are Not Another Common Man
You are not another common man,
A mere name upon a roll,
No, you are a universe,
An eternally expanding soul.
And thereon the master dramatist,
Writes your part in His great play,
Which is the sum of each of us,
To perform. Awake onto your day!
The womb‘s thick curtains open,
You are thrust upon the stage,
Unrehearsed, and unprepared,
Your script, an empty page,
Act one begins, now draw first breath,
And fear not what to say,
Your words shall write your history,
And the part you alone shall play.
Each life a drama, rich and ...