John Dempsey Poems
- Maybe I’m Just Shallow Near fatal car crashes, natural ...
- A Thousand Lines A thousand lines written in a hotel room ...
- West 3rd Symmetry The young Spanish busboy with the ...
- That’s It. Sure. You see your name, your words, and you think...
- She's Learning There’s a girl in Washington Square Park. ...
- Great Expectations Call someone something for long enough ...
- Practice Makes Perfect When I got on the E, uptown, W4th, I ...
http: //www.iriswhite.com/authors/jd1.htm more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John Dempsey
Maybe I’m Just Shallow
Near fatal car crashes,
natural disasters that leave you clinging
to some ravaged palm tree
staring at all the
bodies below, escaping a burning building while your geriatric
inhale smoke, cough and-
remembering first kisses,1950’s showgirls, the faces of grandchildren- tumble
onto the carpet (inflexible
Atropos) , waking up
from a 3-year coma- the wife
has run off with a vacuum cleaner
repair man, your children
staring at you like you’ve stepped out of ghost story- you see the light, reach for