John Lance Poems
- Bad Poetry People always said my poems were quite bad. They ...
- Creature Of The Night Walking through a cold night, Eyes ...
- Words Words, with their flames, Souls do ignite, Echoing ...
- The Engineer The people watch with shame with pity ...
- Saying Goodbye There was this girl, you see. She was quite ...
- Solitude The boy slits his wrists in solitude. He is alone ...
- The Thief Behold, this round room with all doors closed but ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John Lance
People always said my poems were quite bad.
They said they were simple,
with a simple rhyme scheme.
Indeed, they weren’t wrong.
They said I wasn’t expressing myself enough
because I followed the rules.
They said I needed to be free
or else I was failing to express me.
So I tried it their way.
I spit some random words on a page.
I removed the pesky little words that made it make sense
and added some nonsensical imagery to top it off.
They hailed it a masterpiece and cheered.
It was so well thought out, they said.
It would enlighten society!...