John Myles Poems
- Something Worth Fighting For The rewards of war are ...
- A Fools Love If I don't know what I am I am a man that ...
- Neanderthal I've always been a Neanderthal. It's the truth, ...
- Unwound I have a target on my back, A gyroscope Spinning ...
- Avalon I longed to hold her in my arms And kiss her ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John Myles
Something Worth Fighting For
The rewards of war are shallow
Always too high
So many young wives
So many brothers
So many mothers
And asking heaven
And all the fathers
For simply standing by
For never standing up
To those whose pillaging
And lofty scheming
Destroyed the lives of simple folk
And shed their blood in streams.
Yea, tell me all about it
Why we have to go to war
To save another land from peace
And shed our blood on foreign shores
While old men full of greed and lust for power
Fill their ...