John Rickell Poems
- Butterfly Trapped In A Norfolk... Where were you ...
- Mountain Stream The mountain stream bubbling towards the ...
- In Awe Of Nature I am in awe of nature love her as she me, ...
- The Lane It winds its drunken way as all lanes since ...
- Druids The long day closes, safe with moth and fox, ...
- Joan I danced her rhythms, long black hair restless feet ...
- Mozart Symphony 39 Mozart, I antiscipate or think I can. You...
I am a countryman by nature.With my retriever I am in the country most days. Living in a small market town in Shropshire UK
I have been writing free verse since 1970 I am a singer of plainsong and Gregorian chant, which has significantly influenced my poetry.
I have published a book of poems'A stirring in the Air'with photographs by Tom Scot, a grandson, it is being sold on Ebay by... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John Rickell
Butterfly Trapped In A Norfolk Church
Where were you last Christmas
hiding in the dust behind the altar
underneath an oaken pew
patched in darker brown, not oak
like the patch on a poor man's coat
The peace of God around you
trapped in loving kindness,
fading altar flowers no food for you
anxious glances to the door,
the mesh obstructed door to keep out birds,
which kept you in, had I not come.
You let me take you from the sill
filled my hand with joy
bride-like walked with me along the aisle.
I threw you to the sun and wind
saw flowers tremble in ...