John Staveley Poems
- Valentines Day When you've opened your card from hallmark, ...
- Somewhere In My Past Somewhere in my past I spoke to ...
- The Pastry Maker The pastry maker’s hands are ...
- Bookmark This mark states simply “Here is now”. It settles ...
- Trace Italienne When he was tired of building new defence ...
- Frank What shall I wear to speak of my dad’s life? A new ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John Staveley
When you've opened your card from hallmark,
And eaten your breakfast in bed,
When you've shared out the last of the chocolates
And all the roses are dead,
When the stars in the heavens are lost to our sight
And the churches have washed away,
You will still own my heart completely
And today will be Valentine's Day.
For our love is not made out of paper
Nor cocoa, nor petals, nor light.
Our love is composed of an infinite force
Which occurs when I hold you tight.
That love will outlast any doctrine
Any hymns or letters or psalms.