Joyce Johnson-Merryweather Poems
- Football Just like a football I am and have been bounced ...
- Super Bowl Day They're playing in the bowl tomorrow and we ...
- Mysteries Of Mother Earth Who spins her on her axis? Who ...
- The Ultimate Fan You've all heard about our Seahawks, The ...
- Questions For A New Born Babies come to earth, Created with...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Joyce Johnson-Merryweather
Just like a football I am and have
been bounced around a bit,
But only by chance of fate, no man
would get away with it.
The football suffers silently
the grabs, the throws, the kicks.
I'm not one to take that from
the country boobs or the city slicks.
I come from a line of strong women
who took on varying roles.
My grandma was a marcher
for equality at the poles.
Grandma raised her family of five
after her young husband died,
by sheer strong will and hard work
with no helpmeet by her side.
My paternal grandma must have ...