Joyelle Osburn Poems
- Nightcap Most of the time, it comes with ...
- Spring I make love to the thought of you. Moments like this ...
- Morning Rain Dreams of you pass through this morning's ...
- Mix-Up I can't decide if you are hidden within my ...
- Woolgather He speaks to me while I slumber- (Hush) his ...
- Lover my skin dissolves on your lips my breath sets
- Absorbent There is something unexhausted of you in this ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Most of the time, it comes
Moments clash like waves
of cutting tide.
I spill without alarm.
The force of ten thousand thieves
steal my psyche; using my pain
to prey the dead.
I wake with forty winks, through
the stale night, only to skid
into this exact coma; screaming;
sweating; swallowing my tongue.
Most the time, I can't breathe.
I feel dyspeptic; thoughts are forever
someplace not precisely where
they ought to be.
Spikes take hold of my brain;
cooked and mawkish.
The only time I feel safe
is when I ...