Justice Uchenna Mmahi
Justice Uchenna Mmahi Poems
- An Elegy For Hon. Ihebunandu O... Oh! If i was to speak ...
- Sermon For The Wise Bear the scars and all its pains not yet...
- The Departure Of He Who Remain... Sovereign God of ...
- The African Child (1976) I'am the future the last gift of ...
- A Peel Of Love I feel a peel of love when my guess could not...
- Rapport Hear this voice of peace the song of my victory the...
- Doom's Day Prophecy A tongue of dust, a mouth of clay with ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
An Elegy For Hon. Ihebunandu Okorie
Oh! If i was to speak
what would my voice be?
A stuttering sound, entwined with deafness?
Clear words deviod of meaning?
Here, i stand on the stage you once set,
speaking with the voice you once tame.
Letting out libation for the innocent.
I heard of the tyrant tale
That had suckened my lips pale
Oh am afraid of the sky
like a helpless chick,
The eagles are no friends
of things underneath
the town-crier has gong
misfortunes to our ears
i bear sorrows to my teeth
Do i have eyes for ...