K. G. Sankara Pillai
K. G. Sankara Pillai Poems
- BETWEEN THE NECTAR AND THE POI... 1 The bird decided to ...
- WHO ELSE IS THERE TO COME? Summer. Sunday. The married are ...
- DEEP WITHIN How fortunate we are that there are walls that ...
- GOORKHA My dear dream it is time for us to part I have to ...
- PHOTOS IN VARIOUS POSES 1 We need several photos, ...
- THE TREES OF COCHIN Once upon a time the passage from ...
- THE DHOBI AND THE DHOTI My dhoti had a red border. The dhobi...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about K. G. Sankara Pillai
BETWEEN THE NECTAR AND THE POISON
The bird decided
to return from Utopia
when it could reach nowhere
after flying all its life.
If you have a place
to return to, you are free.
But where will the bird
There are hunters
waiting with invisible nets
There are those calling you
with the same-feather principle
There are those waiting
at the mast of poetry
to turn you into a flag of solitude.
There is daylight on the canvas
and a branch to roost on.
The finger and the brush are as alert as ever.
Where will the bird return