Karen van Wyk
Karen van Wyk Poems
- The Widows Cry Crying out in anguish. Flesh, and blood, and ...
- Her Child A Soldier Her burdened soul, weeps dry tears. ...
- The Pond Days of old, days new. Roaming along, the waters ...
- A Million Miles How odd I find these days! Days of hidden ...
- Cradle Of Splendid Glory My father cradles me in splendid ...
- Poem #1653 - Old Man In The Pa... In a shell of pressed paper,...
- Experience Afrika Even now, I lay still, in the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Karen van Wyk
The Widows Cry
Crying out in anguish.
Flesh, and blood, and voice!
A cleansed soul left to dry!
Such searing pain, such poise.
Gnashing waves rise,
to salty eyes.
No release shall fall!
How shall she live in this wicked life?
What will become of these hollowed walls?
She cannot breathe!
She cannot fight!
All hope has faded, gone from her sight.
You! All the many you!
Know not this pain!
Her lifes mate!
How shall she bare the empty weight?
This lifeless spirit!
She bleeds dry in daily strides.
Oh, a survivor is she, to be ...