Katie Finley Poems
- She Stands There Ironing she is still radiant. not radiant ...
- Why They Sleep In Separate Roo... Swinging between them both, ...
- Point Of Maximal Impulse Here’s where to palpate the point ...
- This Fire burning inside of me, it’s been a long time ...
- Sleeping Alone It’s not so bad. At night, sleeping in this ...
- My Mommy You'Ll Be it falls gently now. Pull back the brown...
- Library It’s when lines overhead begin to blur— Sharp angles...
I want to be a published poet. I live in the San Francisco Bay area and attend college in Boston, Massachusetts, where I study English and Nursing. I have been published in Stylus, a literary publication at my school.
I'd be delighted if you took some time to read my work. I welcome criticism and thoughts, I find it to be very helpful and necessary to my growth as a young poet.
Also, I have a blog at http: //theblindassassin723.blogspot.com/. I post art and poems by published folk that inspire me to write. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
She Stands There Ironing
she is still radiant. not radiant still.
of paper, removing the bow, flinging
off the box top—I robbed
her of a creaseless forehead
a smoother belly and miles of sweet sleep
today I am old she thinks
fifty candles melting into red velvet cake
my eternity waiting
to be extinguished—fade to black
even if the gray frizzy tendrils are unwieldy and obvious
in a mane of burnt auburn
they found me out
even if the keys aren’t in the ignition—cast in the basket with mickey
and tennis balls and winnie the pooh—
why can’t I ...