Kay Bressner Poems
- Mashed Potatoes (A Vegetarian ... Lovely cumulus clouds ...
- Spring Sunset
- Tropical Dawn
- Poetry Road With 'midnight all a glimmer, noon a purple glow,...
- Nightwatch Sitting on the porch of a warm southern ...
- Westbound The westbound county bus at day's end in ...
- Writers Use Things Sunrise, sleepless nights light to ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Kay Bressner
Mashed Potatoes (A Vegetarian Sonnet)
Lovely cumulus clouds they bring to mind,
a soft scoop looks just like the glowing moon,
or drift of winter snow that's bright and fine;
what magical, wonderful comfort food!
I never met a spud I didn't love,
it seems that I have been this way since birth,
baked, curly fried, garlicky, crinkle cut;
can't think of any vege with more worth
Still I ponder who was the first masher...
could tuber have been rude, offending him?
was she p.o.'d at potato? ask her;
the likelihood we'll ever know is slim
But I tell you my fat cells feel ...