Keith Rushing Poems
- The Troubled Reporter An empire built on ...
- Abbreviated Life She'll sleep tight in a parallel universe ...
- The Page The page asked and wanted to know where are my ...
- Rush Et Al. So you think you are a master of techniques of ...
- Forget I asked you not to phone I asked you to ...
- A Prosodic Ode To Www, An Epis...
- Popular Chat this morning I awoke to find little lettered ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Troubled Reporter
An empire built on enslavement
conquering and plunder
striving to maintain order
via censorship in a modern milieu
the irony isn't lost on me
watched the news today
a self declared expert
cited a rather lengthy inventory of mass murders
a veritable host of troubled people
he seemed well informed
but half dead inside
as if something was internally devouring him
an expert in stolid stage craft
oblivious to his self inflicted harm
until he watched the playbacks that evening
pretending, posturing, play-acting, contrived concerns