Ken Nye Poems
- Making Love As the years go by and passions cool, we make ...
- My Mom Has Gone MY MOM HAS GONE Christmas Day, driving ...
- The Smell Of A Dog I love the way a dog smells. Ever since...
- Hymhs Of Joy I heard a whippoorwill last night sing his ...
- My Mother's Voice I don’t ever remember wondering if a ...
- The Fawn Coming out of the pond, no need to towel off in ...
- Clouds Of Glory Though nothing can bring back the hour Of ...
I am 65 years old. I just retired from 42 years in the field of public education, first as a high school English teacher, then as a high school principal (for 23 of those 42 years) , and finishing up my career with 12 years as a university professor of educational leadership. I loved what I did, but I was ready to retire.
Four years ago I started writing poetry. I began with a poem ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ken Nye
As the years go by and passions cool,
we make love in places that
twenty-five year olds only dream about.
We make love in the kitchen,
right at the table,
with a Scrabble board the mattress
and hints to help the other
our passionate kisses.
We make love in the car,
thrilling to beautiful scenery
or a rarely seen wild animal.
We make love in front of the fireplace,
watching a game show
while we share our latest craft creations.
We make love on the middle school hockey field,
proudly watching our granddaughter
dribble the ...