Kent Werges Poems
- Big Thom In 1913, he was offered a chance to play for the ...
- Emily-World War 2 How did I talk to 22 year-olds, using the...
- Mendocino Stagehand fog brings his backdrops out and ...
- Wallowa Valley Stagehand fog brings backdrops out and ...
- The Sparrow In The Airport Ter... There's a piece of the ...
- Midwest Summer Rain It begins like gossip. Before you ...
Resuming writing after 3 year break and now retired. Had a few poems published in poetry mags and journals and now pursuing poetry fully.
Will gratefully accept criticism meant to help. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Kent Werges
In 1913, he was offered a chance
to play for the Cleveland Indians.
His wife said no -
he kept on driving truck.
He decided to raise his family
in the country and he bought
a farm. Soon a fire said "no "
and he went back to the truck.
Another farm came available
and he thought he'd try it
one more time. Another fire
said "no." Hello, truck.
A third farm with chickens
and gardens and his wife
took ill and died. This time he took a job
at the paper mill.
He lived alone and worked
alone and ...